At Mimi Publishing Inc. protecting your privacy means:
- with your consent, we will gather only the minimum personal information necessary to provide you with current information about our products and services, and to provide you with fast, reliable service if you decide to purchase from us
- we will not sell, exchange, loan or make available to businesses or services any personal information that you have provided to us
- we will keep all personal information confidential, and we will provide strong safeguards to protect that information whether it is in print, electronic or other form
- we will make available to you, on request, your personal information that we have on file, and we will correct, amend or delete information at your request.
This Agreement contains the following provisions
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LIMITATIONS ON USE
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- WEB SITE
Mimi Publishing Inc. has always had a profound respect for the privacy of its customers. We regard all information given to us as a very special trust. We will never sell or share our customer lists with any other company or service, and we are determined to maintain this policy.
We are very happy to assure our customers that we are conforming to all the requirements of Canada’s new privacy legislation, The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
To help you understand the ways in which Mimi Publishing Inc. respects and protects the information you share with us, we are pleased to provide the following description of our policies and practices:
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to serve our customers with the right materials at the right levels, delivered to the right address, and to ensure that the financial relationship is correct and current, we need to have certain basic personal information on file.
Personal information is the information we have that relates to you, our customer, as an individual. Personal information, beyond your name or business contact information, may include any or all of the following: a record of your purchases and payment method, alternate contact information and your account number (if applicable).
We will only request information from you that relates directly to the products or services we are providing to you, and we will keep that information active only as long as the uses for which it has been collected are relevant to your needs.
Mimi Publishing Inc. must obtain the consent of all the people whose name may be retained in our records to receive products or information. If the customer sends a form requesting our services, we accept that as implied consent. If we need information beyond that which the customer has indicated (in conducting a survey, for instance), we will request the explicit consent of the customer either verbally or in writing.
The customer can at any time withdraw consent to receive further information or products. We will remove the customer’s name as quickly as possible, but, owing to work that has been completed or scheduled, the name may not become inactive for up to three months.
It should be noted that from time to time Mimi Publishing Inc. may acquire from outside companies lists of customers who have consented to receive information. It may sometimes occur that a name that we have deleted on request from our files may appear on one of the lists we have acquired. In such a case the customer may have to request another deletion.
4. USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mimi Publishing Inc. collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to make you aware of Mimi Publishing Inc. products and services that may be of interest to you. From time to time we may include other companies’ products and services in our offerings, but we do not make our list of names and addresses available to such other companies
- to provide you with fast accurate service and to provide us with the ability to reach you to resolve problems should they arise
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements under federal and provincial regulations.
5. LIMITATIONS ON USE
Mimi Publishing Inc. will not use your personal information for any purposes, other than those outlined above, unless we have asked your permission and have received your consent.
Mimi Publishing Inc. will remove personal information when it is no longer relevant for the uses for which it was gathered.
Mimi Publishing Inc. will delete your name from our mailing list following the receipt of your request by letter, fax, email or phone.
We will not retain personal information indefinitely. Generally a name is retained for two years after it has become inactive (no transactions against that name). Files are then destroyed or deleted, except for those on data tapes and financial records, which, in accordance with the law, have to be archived for seven years. Archived information is not accessed or used for operational or marketing purposes.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
As one of our customers, you have a right to know what information we are holding in respect to you, and you have the right to ensure that it is accurate. On request, we will arrange to supply you with a printout of our files relating to your information. If you wish to verify your information, please send us a letter at the address included to the attention of the Privacy Officer. If you find errors or omissions, we will be pleased to make corrections.
8. WEB SITE
Thank you for your support. We look forward to serving you in the years ahead.Mimi Publishing Inc.
224-532 Montreal Rd
Phone: (613) 230-7472
Fax: (613) 230-7472 (not a typo – same number)
Mimi Publishing Inc. reserves the right to update this policy.